Friday, December 21, 2007

More Driving Saga

Okay, I know, enough with the complaining about the driving incidents. This one was too good not to share. I drove to Atlanta today - left New Orleans around 5 a.m. to miss the Friday afternoon traffic in Atlanta. My parent's life way north in Atlanta so it takes about an hour to get to their house once you hit the city. I arrived around one thinking it would be smooth sailing - it was not. Everyone was heading out of town the Friday before Christmas - still, I was pleasantly surprised. We moved along at a creeping 15-20 miles per hour but no one darted in and out of traffic, no one laid on the horn, no one darted in and out of lanes and no one was drinking a beer as they raced through traffic. I was so shocked that all these people were sitting in traffic with so little road rage. When we hit the Georgia 400, "that guy" showed up - you know the obnoxious one who is in such a hurry that he bullies all the other cars. He was in the far right lane (the lane you're suppose to be in if you're the slowest driver) tailgating people and blinking his lights for them to get out of the way. There were 4 passing lanes to his left. He was weaving in and out traffic - cutting people off like he was the most important person in the world. As he darted around me I saw his license plates - Louisiana of course!

No comments: