Thursday, February 21, 2008

Divine Appointments Part Three



My last "launching stop" on this trip was in Little Rock, Arkansas. I headed up to help out Doug and Becca Phillips as they begin a new missional team in Little Rock. The entire University of Arkansas team joined us as well as the St. Louis Metro team and John Achilles. It was an amazing two days.

My team was assigned to the University of Central Arkansas. The entire team worked so hard and did an amazing job! I got to spend two days doing what I absolutely love to do - challenging student leaders with the vision and making connections. I was blown away with what God is doing on that campus. I could tell hundreds of stories about the conversations I had but Rachel's story was unlike anything I'd ever heard.

Rachel went to Moody Bible in Chicago for two years but God had always placed UCA on her heart. She decided to transfer back to UCA. Even though her dad is on staff at a church with a major college ministry, she didn't feel really led to get involved there or in any other organization. She told me that just last week she had been driving through campus and thinking of a story from Bill Bright's (the founder of Campus Crusade for Christ) life. It was a story about when CCC had done a major event and he had hundreds of contacts laid out on his desk. He realized that all of those people didn't know the Lord and needed some one to tell them how to have a relationship with God. It led him to tears saying "they don't know, they just don't know". Rachel was driving through campus and felt that same sense of "they don't know" come over her. A week later, she walked into the union to find out table.




I'm so excited to see what God is going to do through the team in Little Rock - specifically at the University of Central Arkansas. I've known Doug and Becca for 8 years and I'm so proud of them for stepping out in faith and courage to follow the vision and passion God has given them!

No comments: