Thursday, February 21, 2008

Divine Appointments

The last few days have been the most fun I've had all year! I headed up to Northern Louisiana last Thursday to hang out with some of our students at Northwestern. After a crazy start, I finally made it to the campus to spend some time with Shekinah and Chris. I really believe that God is up to something on this campus. On the way to our staff conference in November, a car load of our staff stopped on the exit for the university to grab lunch. We kind of jokingly mentioned we'd "launch a campus at lunch" and I threw up a half-hearted prayer. A little over a month later, Shekinah and Chris showed up at our Winter Conference. I really didn't make the connection until we were driving home from the conference and I saw the Wendy's off the exit. As I sat with Shekinah at a coffee shop on Thursday afternoon and heard her story, I was convinced that God has a divine purpose for her being at Northwestern. I don't know what's going to happen but I do have full confidence that the Holy Spirit is stirring some things up! I'm excited to see what will come of it. One last interesting thing about my trip to Northwestern - they certainly have the creepiest mascot I've ever seen. Yes, that is a demon wearing tennis shoes and jeans! I just can't bring myself to say "go demons"! (And I can't figure out how to flip pictures in blogger so if anyone knows, please tell me! It was just too creepy to leave the picture out)

No comments: